What can be Insured
The IGI Householder Insurance Policy covers the insured's building, fixtures and fittings, contents, jewellery and valuables, as well as public liability benefits.
Depending upon the property insured, the cover extends to protect the insured against:
- Fire and allied perils
- Burglary, housebreaking, larceny or theft
- Loss or damage by accident or misfortune
- Legal liability towards general public
- All Risk Cover for selected valuable items
- Depending on the property insured, the insurance cover provides compensation equivalent to the market value or the cost of replacement
- In cases where the items insured are susceptible to depreciation, the actual value is offered
The exclusions under this policy are specific to the item or property insured.
(a) Under Section I (B) that covers contents and valuables stored inside the premises, loss or damage to consumable articles, money, securities, stamps, bullion, livestock, motor vehicles and pedal cycle, deeds, bonds and promissory notes, shares, books and manuscripts, loose precious stones and valuables will not be compensated.
(b) Under Section II covering the contents and valuables stored inside the premises, burglary, housebreaking, larceny or theft committed by any employee of the insured's family and any member of the insured's family as a principal or an accessory, will not be insured.